server settings for telefonica please

john-232317 23:43 26 Jul 03

hi could anyone tell me the server settings for incoming and outgoing mail on telefonica "Spain" so i can set it up on outlook express. Thanks john

john-232317 10:23 27 Jul 03

DieSse 10:42 27 Jul 03

POP3 server is

SMTP server is

User name format is USERNAME$

Remember to tick the "My server requires authorisation" box

Valvegrid 10:54 27 Jul 03

I would have thought they are the same as normal i.e:

Some servers require the 'My server requires authentication' box ticked, by you can try that by experimantation.

This site may be of interest, they have a forum so one of the guys there should be able to confirm the settings for you.

click here

Good luck

john-232317 13:11 27 Jul 03

Thanks for the help guys...

when i set it up it was all in Spanish, which i am learning slowly, i thought i would print it out but i lost it off the screen..went through whole site but could not find details, nightmare on the phone "habla espanol only"

I will try to set up later,cos im off for a swim, i wont rub the temperature in....who said 38.....correct.
thanks john

DieSse 13:24 27 Jul 03

I do have an account with them, so i know for sure the settings I gave are the correct ones, in case you are in doubt.

john-232317 18:17 27 Jul 03

Cheers mate, I am in Benalmedena peublo, nr Malaga, where abouts are you ?

DieSse 23:35 27 Jul 03

not near - on the Costa Blanca, a village called Teulada.

john-232317 09:30 28 Jul 03

Sounds nice and tranquil, its a big country though, best to keep off the coast i think.

Thanks for the settings, got through to authentication but keeps refusing password,even the original from telecom. But no prob through telefonica site.

I will set up a new account later and try that.
regards john

DieSse 09:56 28 Jul 03

You did notice the $ (dollar) in the user name - not a typo - really has to be a $.

john-232317 17:13 28 Jul 03

Yes mate, thought it was a typo, but then changed it and it went on ok, thats why it kept refusing the password.

thanks for your help...oneday i will speak Spanish

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…