"server did not register with dcom"

johnnyrocker 10:41 05 Apr 04

within the required time, this error seems to be appearing once or twice a day in event logs, do i have a problem or what is the most likely cause?

cheers.

johnny.

Boluwd 10:52 05 Apr 04

I keep getting Event ID 10005 DCOM errors, all are defined as DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service upnphost with arguments "" in order to run the server: xxxxxxxx

I have UnPlug N' Pray installed, not sure if this has anything to do with it tho'.

johnnyrocker 10:54 05 Apr 04

different problem i feel, xp pro

johnny.

SANTOS7 10:56 05 Apr 04

click here this should give some answers good luck [email protected]

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:57 05 Apr 04

I thnink 1 of the MS patches can be dloaded for Dcom as its a usuall virus candidate click here for a test.

Regards.

Graham ® 11:05 05 Apr 04

You can disable dcom (it's by Seve Gibson, I'm afraid!) click here

johnnyrocker 11:09 05 Apr 04

i update regulary and have automatic install enabled would this be already installed? the error only appears in the logs once or twice a day and as far as i can see i am not actually prevented from doing anything.

johnny.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:24 05 Apr 04

Dcom is more of a security vulnerability than anything and not used by much if anything.I dont know if the patch is on the update site it may be but i dont know what it was called

click here

Regards.

johnnyrocker 11:39 05 Apr 04

the page the link is to would appear to have this listed under critical updates which a scan this morning says my system is up to date.

johnny.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:48 05 Apr 04

Would seem ok i have the patches saved to disc so i install them before going to the update site as such they are not listed for me.

Regards.

For my reference

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…