Server Busy - Switch To - Retry

Border View 11:08 01 Jun 14
Answered

I have Avast anti-virus and run with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I use BT Infinity as my ISP/

I had problems yesterday with Malwarebytes update and at the moment that program is uninstalled.

This morning when I switched the computer on I received a message "Server Busy". This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose "Switch To" to activate the busy program and correct the problem. Two boxes "Switch To" and "Retry". The button for Avast was highlighted. The computer was merely booting up - I had not opened any programs.

I clicked on Retry. The Avast button disappeared and everything looks normal.

I did notice that this happened once yesterday when I was messing with Malwarebytes.

Yesterday I ran SuperAntispyware and Avast antivirus scan and all was clear.

What is happening please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:18 01 Jun 14

Avast runs at start up (you will see it appear in the system tray) and one of the first things it does is check for updates.

Border View 11:47 01 Jun 14

Thank you for responding Fruit Bat. So its Avast's Server which is busy? I should just wait and click on retry? Rather than going to a different server?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:05 01 Jun 14

Yes just leave it, Avast will attempt another update check every so often (used to be 10 minutes).

Border View 12:58 01 Jun 14
Answer

Many thanks. Getting paranoid about possible take over of computer. Will do a green tick.

rizvirus 06:31 03 Jun 14

UMMM HI ADVISOR !!!

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM IN MY PC

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW ???? AND DO YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTION OF THIS ERROR ????

SO GIMME ONE PLEASE I 'VE TIRED OF THIS ......

RIZVIRUS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…