'Server Busy'-'Switch To...' in an endless Loop

When i start up i get a message saying 'server busy , 'choose switch to ..' to activate the busy programe and correct problem.
when i do this the start menu appears followed by the 'server busy,switch to...' window appears again and seems to be in an endless loop.
What have i done? & what can i do to correct it

bretsky 13:57 06 Jan 04

Start menue-run-type "msconfig" in the window, go to start up tab, look for the program thats trying to startup and disable this, and just look at what is starting up,it could be a program conflict!!!!

Good luck............ bretsky;0)

cheers bretsky,how do i know which ones are starting up and which ones are conflicting.im a bit of a novice when it comes to 'run' commands

TommyRed 17:32 06 Jan 04

Do as 'bretsky' suggests start>run>type "msconfig">click ok>select startup tab>uncheck programs not required to run at startup. If you uncheck any that are required you can always go back and check them using same route. I always leave my AV and firewall, you can check what they are here click here HTH TR

Cheers tommy red,got it it was Nokia PC Suite thet was conflicting.now when i try to un-installit in 'add and remove'it tells me a file is missing and it cant remove it.Spoken to nokia who've said i need to rename the registry keys to repair the file in order to un-install......
RE NAME REGISTRY KEY'S.......anyone got any idea?

i HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH A 'SERVER BUSY' error thats been running in a loop...when i 'run'msconfig'i noticed that Nokia PC Suite was conflicting with another programe so i decided to un-install it.when i try to un-installit in 'add and remove'it tells me a file is missing and it cant remove it.Spoken to nokia who've said i need to rename the registry keys to repair the file in order to un-install...... RE NAME REGISTRY KEY'S.......anyone got any idea?

bretsky 21:15 06 Jan 04

You need to run the Nokia PC suite software and try to repair your installtion of the program, it should give you the option to repair it.

Once you have repaired the program, reboot if necessary then run you Nokia PC software again and you should be able to do an UNINSTALL now from your software menu options.

If you are a novice and this advice has no effect, then I strongly recommend your get professional help as altering your registry and NOT knowing what you are doing CAN break your pc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck ....................bretsky;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…