Server access

loco 20:48 29 May 03

I have built my own server (hardware & software).

Would you please give me some guidelines of how my computer can be accessed by someone else on the internet (e.g. requesting some files) , further, to set up a website for my class.

BBez 21:17 29 May 03

when you say software do you mean a Network OS (2000 Server, Advanced Server, Novell Netware 6.x etc). Are you planning setting it up as an ftp/web server or web only? if you are running XP Pro or w2k, you can install IIS (add/remove programs in control panel then select add/remove windows components) to setup web and ftp. Search on google for "IIS Tutorials" for more info. Don't know much about web pages, cover that next year...

loco 08:34 30 May 03

Thank BBez:

My server will work as ftp/web.

I found names like: domain name, static IP address, purchasing domain name, subdomain, etc. Could you please make sense of this.

How do I do all of the above, or I do not need to think about it.

For example will my ISP allows me to have unrestricted traffic to and from my server. What to do?

loco

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…