scooby43 19:54 11 Feb 05

hi all I am trying to get a server up and running, for home use. I have set up the printer script and logon. When I try to logon for the fisrt time its stuck for ever more on loading your personal setting. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have a profile shared joined to the domain but won't logon.

stalion 21:16 11 Feb 05

jg1990 21:19 11 Feb 05

What operating systems are you running on your server and client?

Gaz 25 21:31 11 Feb 05

Have you tried logging on locally?

scooby43 09:35 12 Feb 05

win2k advanced server, I havent set up dhcp as yet just using router. I can login locally. although it looks like the programs I first installed.

scooby43 14:54 14 Feb 05

I had another attempt at it yeserday, I think ill leave it untill I can learn it more.

scooby43 22:27 22 Feb 05

I got abit further with the server just having trouble trying to apply group policy.

scooby43 14:16 08 Mar 05

I got it working with roaming profiles question is it shows user data on the server and ntuser dat file on each user on the machine. If I changed it to mandotory would it keep the changes.

recap 16:30 08 Mar 05

You can change the ntuser.dat file name to as you say. To make it easier when setting up user account create a template account, then copy this account to create a new one.

Here are a couple of links, one for Group Policy & one for User data & settings.

click here

click here

scooby43 14:17 09 Mar 05

thanks for the links.

scooby43 14:32 09 Mar 05

I am also having a problem with my batch file to map network drives. Just been looking through the threads via search. I cant find what I am looking for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…