Serious Problems with Windows Installer

julius44 10:37 05 Jan 09

Hello all I have a desktop with Windows XP service pack 3, its a pentium 4, never really had any probs with it but just before xmas, i started to have a few probs with it. I have MS office 2003, with word, excel, powerpoint, etc, but now when i click on word in ms office the windows installer comes up, and says preparing to install, and then ms word trys to open, and a message comes up that says the command cannot be performed becos a dialogue box is open(windows installer i guess!!!) click ok and then click open dialogue box to continue. This problem happens all the time, and the windows installer preparing to install icon happens on some of my other programs as well. Can u please tell me WHY this is occuring and HOW to stop it please. thanks. very urgent help is required here please!!!! thanks

Technotiger 10:45 05 Jan 09
  Stuartli 13:39 05 Jan 09

Try installing the latest version (4.5) of Windows Installer:

click here

julius44 18:39 05 Jan 09

Thanks for both the links from both of u much appreciated. Stuartli, pls can u point me in the direction of the correct link/file that i need to download pls, becos on the site there seem to be various files to download, i just need to know WHICH one that i need. thanks

Stuartli 17:39 06 Jan 09

WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe from:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009