Serious problems with Microsoft Word

Rubz 18:13 26 Jan 05

im having serious problems with ms word
the margins are all messed up and are set to the wrong default settings. The top margin is half eroded and the left margin is not even there - when i minimise the whole of the left margin dissapears - i cant describe it in words - can anyone help - is there a default tool i can download from microsoft website? - please help!!!

VoG II 18:16 26 Jan 05

Do a search for the file normal.dot

You will need to enable searching for hidden files and folders.

Right click it and select Rename. Call it normal.old

Start Word. Cured?

Rubz 18:28 26 Jan 05

hay bro i cant find the file normal.dot
even when i did show hidden file
what should i do?

VoG II 18:37 26 Jan 05

Try this click here

VoG II 18:41 26 Jan 05

Word 2003 version click here

Djohn 18:41 26 Jan 05

Which version of word are you using and which operating system?

If using XP operating system then go to start/Search/All files and folders, then type,

normal.dot

Into the search window. When it finds the file, right click on it and rename as VoG™ says or delete. Open word again and it should be OK. Before doing that though. Have you set it up in the wrong view? Look to the bottom left of the word page and you will see 4 Icons, hover your cursor over each one for a help bubble. Choose Print layout view for the page to show in full with the ruler guides.

If you then go to file/Page set-up/Margins and set them all to 2.54 to start with then click on the default button this will give you a good starting point. You can then alter them to suit later on.

Djohn 13:05 28 Jan 05

Any luck with this one Rubz?

Storik 15:53 28 Jan 05

Choose file/page set up and set your margins to your own choice and anything else you want to customise, then click on default and see if that works.

May help

Storik

Rubz 17:43 28 Jan 05

nope

Djohn 18:30 28 Jan 05

Open word to fill the screen, click on your "Print scrn" key on the top right of the keyboard and this will take an image of your display. Close Word and open "Paint", click on edit and choose paste to bring up the snapshot of your document.

Go to file save and save as a jpeg file to your desktop, go to this site. click here and click on the browse button, browse to your desktop and click on the file you have just saved then click on upload.

Once the file has loaded you will see a link to the site, copy this link and come back to the message box in this forum and paste the link then post to the forum. A blue "Click here" will show once you have posted and we can go to the site and see what your document looks like then offer more advice.

ACOLYTE 18:38 28 Jan 05

Please close one of these threads save Djohn the copy and paste to both threads,lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5