Serious PC Problems.

stickybluetoffee 12:55 31 May 08

Am having some real problems with my PC at the moment, steming from internet explorer it seems.

When I first turn on and start working it's all fine.
Then, after a while, instead of opening new tabs for new sites the tab name just says "Conecting..." and sticks. When I jump to the tab to see, all the internet explorer menus are gone.

Following on from that all my right-click functions on my entire PC become disabled.

Now when I logged in this morning any activeX controls on internet sites are permanently disabled. I can still use normal hyperlinks, but anything fancy won't work.
Best example is facebook - I can't instant message, post comments or anything like that. The "POST" buttons do nothing.

Any ideas what on earth is going on

ened 12:59 31 May 08

No!

I don't know what OS you are using but assuming it is available you should try System Restore to a time before this started.

birdface 13:01 31 May 08

Can you try ,Tools.Internet connections.Advanced and press reset.You will loose any add ons that you have but you can get them back later.Or maybe try Firefox and see if that works Ok.

woodchip 14:16 31 May 08

Most likely is if you run Windows Firewall, It as locked you out. Try with it turned off in control panel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…