Serious Error report XPHome

Dyffryn 09:27 20 Mar 04

Hi Guys, it’s a good job we have you to turn to: My son has a Pentium 4 1.9GHz with XP Home with 256 RAM. Was running well until it crashed out and rebooted with the following message: ‘This system has recovered from a serious error’. On looking at the error report contents it stated the following:
C:\WINDOWS\minidump\mini03184-03.dmp
C:\DOCUM~1\Thomas\LOCALS~1\temp\weri.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml
Five minutes later it crashed out again and on reboot showed the same error report.
As you do !!!!! I reformatted the hard drive and reloaded windows – great. You guessed it – crashed out again after a few minutes giving me the same error message. My kids think their old dad is a wizard, little do they know where I get my info from! Please help me keep my street cred.

VoG II 09:33 20 Mar 04

Graphics card driver? click here

bremner 09:38 20 Mar 04

click here for more

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:48 20 Mar 04

Delete all the files in the c:\windows\minidump subdirectory.

Delete the whole c:\docume~1\(your
logon)\local~1\temp\werl.tm.dir00\ directory (ie the file(s) *and* the directory itself.

Failing the above and as you have re-installed I would suspect the error to be caused by faulty RAM or graphics card. Report back to try other 'fixes'.

G

Dyffryn 12:24 21 Mar 04

My thanks to you all for your fast response and help. bremner - that was a a great fix. It was rather long and involved, but simple to follow. Everything is now working correctly - street cred intact! Thanks again, Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…