serious error

dragonfury 21:50 27 Jun 04

Recently on my sisters pc, an error (blue screen) kept on coming up stating that an error has occured after the pc got a virus (NTFS.SYS then a bunch of numbers/letters)
I fink this is the main file for her hard disk isnt it? Since then she can no longer boot up as the same message always appears bout 20 seconds after booting up. I have tried a bootup and cd rom support but still no luck. Is this fix able and wot was the cause? (the same screen came up on mine and I want to prevent wot has happened to my sisters to mine, as i can still boot)

I did try to kill the virus but it was denied and wouldn`t let me, why was this? (she was using norton anti virus, then I put on AVG by giroware/soft, but was to late)

VoG II 21:53 27 Jun 04

What was the name of the virus?

What was "a bunch of numbers/letters" ?

johnnyrocker 21:56 27 Jun 04

if xp you need to disable system restore while cleansing and maybe in safe mode too.

powerless 21:57 27 Jun 04

Use Recovery Console: click here

and use checkdisk.

type: chkdsk /r

it will peform a scan.

"What was "a bunch of numbers/letters" ?" Probably STOP.

VoG II 21:59 27 Jun 04

STOP ... what? Those numbers and letters mean something!

safemode 22:02 27 Jun 04

powerless is right, that should solve it.

if not maybe worth trying fix mbr and fix boot failing that format and reinstall windows.

powerless 22:09 27 Jun 04

The numbers/letters are from the STOP blue screen.

VoG II 22:12 27 Jun 04

We are at cross porpoises here, Powerless. And beware a cross porpoise.

I need those letters and numbers.

powerless 22:30 27 Jun 04

I quit!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…