Serious Computer Problem please Advise

RobCharles1981 18:37 03 Sep 05

My System is an Evesham, and during yesterday everning my PC is randomly shutting down for no reason, I took the side case off and checked inside and CPU Heat Sink and fan is not turning, I repositioned it and then tested no joy what is the problem, cause there is still tempory power

woodchip 18:47 03 Sep 05

Fan burned out you need to buy and fit a new one. Do not try using the computer without one running it will blow the CPU

RobCharles1981 22:06 03 Sep 05

Could this mean its not having enough ventilation ??

dave_and_confused 22:08 03 Sep 05

The fan has died and needs replacing. If you continue to operate the Pc you risk the Processor overheating and dying too...

Strawballs 22:38 03 Sep 05

click here Don't know what type of CPU you have but would it not be better to spend this kind of money instead of a new CPU

Stuartli 22:51 03 Sep 05

The suggestions are for a new fan, not a new CPU.

However, if the CPU has been used even for quite a short time without the fan working then it could well have gone to heaven.

It's worth investigating if the Bios has the means to set a maximum temperature that can be reached (below the CPU's actual maximum capability) before the system is automatically protected or shut down.

The AMI bios on my Gigabyte board dates from 2000 and offers this configuration; I've set it reasonably high without risking the processor if anything does go wrong.

Stuartli 22:52 03 Sep 05

If the system is shutting down randomly this feature may well be already configured.

RobCharles1981 23:09 03 Sep 05

My CPU is an AMD 64 3000 Socket 939, not too worry Evesham getting my pc back too them on Tuesday too sort it out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…