Serious BIOS password problem

knockin on 08:55 18 May 06

I was trying to make a change to my Fujitsi Amilo pro V2000 notebook BIOS, which was protected by a forgotten password. I searched the helroom archives and saw a number of situations similar to mine, - backdoor passwords - did not work. The final suggestion being reset the BIOS chip by disconnecting the internal battery for a short time. That seems to have been the fatal mistake. Prior to that I was locked out of only the BIOS settings. Now I have lost all access. I cannot even boot from CD. I am asked for a password. Does anyone know how I might gain access to the required password? would The manufacturer sell it to me? There has to be one or I would not be asked for it. Any help would be very much appreciated.

martjc 09:01 18 May 06

...Is there REALLY a password? Have you tried just pressing enter when asked? How long did you leave the internal battery out? Several hours to make sure. It cannot remember a password if it has been drained of power - and it does take more than 'a short time' for it to drain.

May sound daft this but, it does not mean the heavy battery - it's a small button batt on the motherboard -

knockin on 09:17 18 May 06

Yes I have tried just enter, no joy. The battery was left diconnected for about 30 mins, I suppose - yes the small button battery on the motherboard. It was certainly out long enough to radically change the situation, as I said above. I don't think I am being asked for the BIOS settings protection password any more. This is something else.

Graham ® 09:24 18 May 06

Fujitsu help click here

Graham ® 09:28 18 May 06

Start in Safe Mode. These links may not copy, search the site for password
click here

Gongoozler 09:36 18 May 06

I think this computer has a security password system. If I'm right I think you'll have to contact Fujitsu Siemens to unlock it click here.

knockin on 09:49 18 May 06

Thanks v. much for these links, I will investigate them and get back to you all asap. As this is not my machine (obviously as mine is dead!!!) I am not sure how long this will take. Will leave the thread open in case of more ideas, - there is a lot at stake here. Thanks again.

knockin on 10:35 18 May 06

OK. the links were helpful and you are right Gongoozler, Fujitsu want it back to reset. Quite rightly, they also want proof of purchase and a fee.
Moral - password??? write it down - even if in code. (altho a painting in which you cannot tell the men from the women may be going a bit too far). Thanks for the support, will tick now, and await its safe return.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…