Serif PhotoPlus 7

Digital 15:42 04 Aug 06

I just started using the free Serif PhotoPlus 7 editor. Whenever I save an edited jpg image it gets saved with a Spp extension and the image can then only be opened with PhotoPlus. There doesn't seem to be an option to save as jpg. Has anyone any ideas how to save as jpg?

GroupFC 16:11 04 Aug 06

Yes - you need to use the export function.

I am doing this from memory because I am work and Serif is at home! Once you have completed the edit you need to go file>export (or export optimizer)and select .jpg from the drop down list. Give the file a new name (so as not to overwrite the original, and Bob is your mother's brother-job done!

Digital 16:25 04 Aug 06

Thank you GroupFC, I'll do that.

BELSOX 16:29 04 Aug 06

Have you tried GIMP2 instead? It's ever so easy and ever so cheap(free)

Digital 16:41 04 Aug 06

No BELSOX, I've not tried GIMP2 but thanks for the suggestion. I couldn't resist the offer (in Computeractive) of a free download of PhotoPlus 7 which does seem to be very comprehensive. I'm a sucker for anything free - but I do set a Restore point before installing!

bruno 19:07 04 Aug 06

If you have patience to learn PhotoPlus 7 you will find it to be a good programme for handling images.I have used them for years with good results.I am now onto PhotoPlus 10 and they make improvements each time.Read the help files and print the bit you need out and study it.The answers are all in there.

Digital 19:43 04 Aug 06

Thank you Bruno. When I registered with Serif (so that PhotoPlus 7 would work), the salesman spent some considerable time extolling the virtues of the improvements 10 brought (luckily it's an 0800 number!). I'll have to get some time in on 7 before I consider an upgrade.

bruno 12:53 06 Aug 06

Serif always try to upsell you.It is their job and you can get some good buys from them if you are stubborn.They are never rude if you are determined to say no.Good company to deal with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…