Serif PagePus 5.0 and Windows XP?

purdu 19:43 14 May 03

I’m trying to install Serif PagePlus 5.0 (version 5.01) onto a system running Windows XP… the CD says it will autorun in Windows 95, but doesn’t want to autrun in XP. I have tried holding the Shift key down when I insert the CD but it will not override the autorun and the disk is not recognised. Any suggestions, please?

Happy1 20:30 14 May 03

Have you tried using Compatibility Mode? From Start/All programmes/Accessories. As it is an oldish CD should work via this route, or try going to Serif online and see if you can get a free upgrade. They are pretty good especially if you have registered with them.

Belatucadrus 22:40 14 May 03

There are two downloadable freeware desktop publishers that I am aware of Pageplus5 you already know about click here and Ragtime solo click here .

Djohn 23:04 14 May 03

Insert the disk into your drive, then click on "My computer", right click on the drive that contains the CD, and choose "open".

From the files on display there will be one for "install", left click on that and it should install ok. J.

purdu 19:16 16 May 03

Thanks for these ideas… the best way will probably be to download the programme as Belatucadrus suggests, because the disk will not stop whirring long enough to open it and override the autorun. Thanks again, everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…