Serif PagePlus X2 or X3: Importing from Word 2003

johnincrete 09:28 AM 29 May 12

I have seen no reason to update PagePlus to the various versions after X3 but, of course, the versions I have are not supported. My problem is that I am producing a 100page+ book using individial "chapter" files that are in Word 2003. I have tried & failed to use the book techniques in Word and am trying to use the book facility in PagePlus but first I have to create PagePlus files from each of the Word documents. I can use "Insert, Text File" into PagePlus but it does not pick up the many footnotes from the Word texts. Does anyone know how I can get PagePlus to pick up the Word footnotes?

Woolwell 11:37 AM 29 May 12

It is quite some time since I used PagePlus X3. Using Word 2007 I created a document with a footnote and then opened PagePlus X6 and started a booklet publication. I then went to insert text file and selected my saved document with footnote and it imported correctly with footnote in the right place. The problem that I now have is whether X3 supported that.

Woolwell 11:42 AM 29 May 12

Looking at the Serif forums it would appear that X3 doesn't support importing footnotes. Suggest you check with the forum.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites