Serial port mouse problems

Steve Rugby 17:01 24 Apr 04

my mother has just been given a old computer which does not have a PS/2 port on it, only a serial port to which a serial mouse is attached. I want to change the serial mouse to a ps/2 mouse as the old mouse is hard for her to use due to it's shape. I've tried a serial port gender changer but Win95 does not detect the ps/2 mouse and asks for a serial mouse to be installed. I've tried changing the properties under the mouse icon in the control panel but to no avail. Does anyone know where I can buy a ps/2 expansion card or suggest what is wrong. The os is win95.

mgmcc 17:16 24 Apr 04

A basic PS/2 serial mouse (not a USB-compatible one) with a "9-pin serial to PS/2" adaptor should work alright from the COM port. These basic "mice" usually had the adaptor supplied with them, but any problem email me as I have at least two of the adaptors sitting unused, one still in its sealed polybag.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…