Serial Number

Newuser2533 00:30 27 Dec 03

I have Windows XP and a DVD (BENQ).
It is working perfectly and I have no problems.
However if I ever need to reload the software for the DVD, which in this case is Intervideo WinDVD.4, I have no serial number to enter as the box it came in is now down the rubbish tip, yes I know I'm stupid.
Will the serial number be somewhere in the computer???? as it is already installed.
Any help would be appreciated.

johnnyrocker 00:34 27 Dec 03

you could have a try in start/programs/accessories/sytem tools/system info but other than that have a look in properties and details.

Chegs ® 03:35 27 Dec 03

Launch the prog,click the "about" or "Register" buttons(it should have something similar)and if your lucky,it might tell you

Registered to xyz

Licence No ***********

If that doesn't work,then there are progs about that can read off software keys(Belarc Adviser ???)I used to have one,that I recovered the OEM install of my anti-virus app,but I have long since replaced the puter the software was on(and I stopped using the AV app as it failed to spot several bugs,and tookover most of my resources :-) and now use freebie AVG)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…