Serial ATA just stops working.

funf 10:50 31 Dec 03

I recently installed a Maxtor 160gb SATA drive on a ASUS A7V600 Mobo. It worked fine for about a week and then it would not boot up.Reformatted the drive and re-installed Win XP Pro. A few days later it would not boot up again.
Message says "Windows did not shut down correctly" use the "normal"-"safe mode" and other choices of entering the OS. NON OF THEM WORK and the system is in a cycle and just keeps n rebooting. Anyone know why?. Also is there a way of restoring the system when using Serial ATA WITHOUT FORMATTING.

Rayuk 14:57 31 Dec 03

Not sure whether sata corruption is a cause of your problems but in the following link it is using the same board oou have so may give you something to go on
click here

funf 10:56 01 Jan 04

Thanks Rayuk it LOOKS TO BE VERY PROMISING. Good to know others have had this problem. I will try the suggested remedy. Sorry I was A bit longwinded answering but New Year interfered with everything. I will mark it resolved but will try to let you know if it is totally successful.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…