Serial ATA Drivers

HyperDude 15:01 24 Jun 04

I recently bought two Seagate SATA hard disks connected to the SATA controller on my motherboard (GigaByte GA-7n400 - Pro 2).

I have a problem when I try and install Windows XP (pro):

When I run setup it asks me to put a floppy disk in with the drivers for my SATA controller so it can recognise the drives.

My system doesnt have a floppy disk drive so I cant put a floppy in!

I can install Windows XP Pro fine I just have to borrow a floppy drive from work or a friend and its rather irritating.

How do I slipstream the drivers into the installer or get windows setup to recognise them?

tnt115 15:45 24 Jun 04

i had the same problem when i tried to install windows xp on the serial ata interface , when u insert the win xp disc in the cdrom drive and it comes with the information to start installing it , press f6 to install the drivers and it will ask u to put the floppy disc into start the serial ata it should install on the drive.

HyperDude 15:56 24 Jun 04

I know how to install the drivers from a floppy but I dont have a floppy disk drive in my system!

HyperDude 15:57 24 Jun 04

I heard you can slip stream the drivers onto the CD and it loads them automaticaly? How do I do that?

blanco 17:58 24 Jun 04

I recognize the message because I also have a SATA hard drive and had to reinstall Windows XP/
Mine is an MSI mobo with a Promise controller and I did have a floppy for this as well as the CD-ROM for the rest of the mobo.
I've checked your mobo on the Gigabyte site and you can get a download of the necessary driver from there which you can put on a floppy and have for your set up.
I've just done this myself for mine because there is an updated driver and I also found that Drive Image also needs the floppy to register the SATA if you need to recover your backup.

Rayuk 18:37 24 Jun 04

click here

This is for Nforce2 boards but I would assume where the nforce drivers are you substitute your own motherboard chipset drivers

HyperDude 19:08 24 Jun 04

thanks rayuk for actualy reading what I put!the others obviously didnt. its just what I want.

Thaks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…