Serial ATA drive not recognised

_BIG_DAVA_ 07:28 13 Oct 04

I have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and a Segate 80GB Serial ATA hard drive.

The hard drive is plugged into the Raid 0 socket, all the power connectors have been checked and are in the correct place but the BIOS can not detect it and when i try and install windows xp it is also unrecognised.

There is another menu which comes up before the bios which i think is for the serial ata raid settings and the hard drive is detected on that and it can be formatted too but it remains unrecognised by the bios and windows setup.

Unfortunatly i don't have a floppy drive so i can't put the drivers on that way.

User-312386 08:29 13 Oct 04

you need the ATA installation disc

TLzook 08:57 13 Oct 04

Just a thought but have you moved the board jumper to 'sata enabled' ???

_BIG_DAVA_ 10:17 13 Oct 04

by default it says that the board jumper is set to SATA enabled and i'm sure i checked it but i'll double check it when i can

keith-236785 11:39 13 Oct 04

if your sata drive came with a driver disc you need to copy some drivers to a floppy disk (the on cd readme file should tell you what you need and how to proceed with the setup)

good luck

other thing is the drive will need to be fdisked and formatted (though you need it to show in the bios before you can do that.

keith-236785 11:40 13 Oct 04

sorry, forgot to add

if your drive was a bare drive, the files neeeded should be on your motherboard cd or be available from the Asus site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…