Serial ATA BIOS

sirles1 11:50 01 Jun 08

Adding to my previous forum, my motherboard Microstar k7n2g-ilsr supports SATA1. Whilst booting up, a message appears "Fastrak promise 376." "Bios is not installed." I went in to CMOS setup and selected "onboard device" and saw serial ports listed and when I entered it, it gave me 4 choices - "3F8/IRQ4, 3E8/IRQ4, Auto and Disabled." However, I went through each one except "disabled" but no joy. If there is a bios for "Promise Fastrak 376", can some one tell me how to get this? I have even press "ctrl-F" for Fastrak utility menu whilst boot up but again no joy. I guess it will not come up unless I get this bios! Can someone help! Thanks

johndrew 12:19 01 Jun 08

You could look here click here but I can`t help with the French. Or click here for a list which may contain what you want.

crosstrainer 12:23 01 Jun 08

Visit the MSI auto update site:

click here

Install the auto update utility, and it will find the drivers (assuming the device is part of the Mobo, and not a third party card.

If it's a third party PCI device, visit Promise website for the drivers:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…