sequencing 'RECENT DOCUMENTS' in date order

pppc 17:45 14 Nov 04

I always used to see my Recent Documents in (roughly) date order but now they in in alphabetic order.

It's a trivial point but I would prefer to change it back - how do I do it????

VoG II 17:47 14 Nov 04

Click on the Date column header. Click again to reverse the date order.

keith pbs 20:31 14 Nov 04

nope, beats me. I can see how to sort it by name (its an option if you right click in the recent files window from start) but even if you get to the hidden folder under documents and settings changing the sort make no difference to the list from the start menu - even after clearing it

VoG II 20:34 14 Nov 04

I didn't realise that you meant on the Start Menu, sorry.

pppc 17:04 15 Nov 04

Many thanks to you both for trying - it's a funny one. I'm quite sure that I did not change the order in the first place.

Dan the Confused 17:51 15 Nov 04

You could try ActualDoc Lite click here

keith pbs 18:05 20 Nov 04

Just tried Actualdoc Lite - looks very good, especially for free. I am always finding the document I want just left the last used list. Looks like pppc problem has lead me to a slightly better life !!! Thanks to VoG

pppc 18:28 20 Nov 04

I am using ActualDoc Lite and find it useful. I must admit that it is rather overkill for my purposes - and of course, I still don't know how to sort the Windows list, which is what I wanted.
But many thanks to Dan the Confused and the others that have responded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…