seperate downloaded mp3

malcolm-268256 15:34 25 Jan 03

I have downloaded a full album as mp3, but it only plays as one track, is there a way of breaking the file up into individual songs.

Tazfan 15:46 25 Jan 03

Downloaded a full album from where? How much was it? Have you contacted the person/company you got it from and asking their advice?

vinnyT 15:48 25 Jan 03

Yes, you need a music editing prog like goldwave (there are lots of others) at click here then load the dloaded track in the prog. you will see in the window what looks like someone having serious heart problems. Every so often there will be a small break (sometimes very small, look carefully) this denotes where one track ends and the next starts. Now, select the wave pattern inbetween these breaks and save as whatever the name of the song is.

This sounds a lot more complicated than it really is, as I've not explained it very well, but I hope you get the idea.

vinnyT 15:49 25 Jan 03

Addendum, as Tazfan says, I assuming you have the right to do this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…