separating tracks on cd

clover64 13:40 05 Jan 03
  clover64 13:40 05 Jan 03

i have an audio cd album,and it is all 1 track-how do i separate the tracks? i am using windows 98se ,nero burning rom.i hope someone can help...vee

pj123 13:48 05 Jan 03

Not enough info. Is it a commercial CD? If so, it should not be all 1 track. It looks to me as if someone has copied it. in which case you would need to record it (in real time) to your hard disk and then use a programme like LP Ripper to split it back to separate tracks.

siarad 13:56 05 Jan 03

I'm not sure LP ripper could do it as it looks for gaps. You'll just have to play it & use the fabulous human abilty to recognise the changes, unless you don't mean what you've said. CD, records & tapes are always one track but have inter-tune gaps. If that is what you mean then LP ripper will split it into tunes.

graham 14:49 05 Jan 03

When I play a CD it tells me which track is playing.

ton 15:18 05 Jan 03

Goldwave will do what you want. It is shareware but the demo is the full program and you only have to pay if you want to get rid of the nag screens. click here

doug 15:31 05 Jan 03

As you have nero, record to your HDD using the wav editor then edit the file by cutting off each track and pasting to a new window. Save as whatever track name you want. Start working from the back and progressively work to the front. It's a bit quicker that way. You can then select all the new tracks and burn a fresh CD. Trust there are no copyright issues involved.

billyliv 15:40 05 Jan 03

Hi, I download Country Music using 'Real Player'. You have to keep track of the recording time. I keep it to 70Mins. I then save it to 'My Documents' This is recorded as track 1.I then transfer it to CD using Media Player. Being for my own use I can handle the interruptions. If you really want to make Quality CDs I can guide you through the proccess, but at todays prices this will cost you a one off payment of £5. Cheers, Bill

pj123 17:04 05 Jan 03

I think what clover64 means is when he plays this CD he cannot move to the next track, as it is only 1 track. I agree with you that LP Ripper looks for blank spaces but you can move the times backwards and forwards. I use it all the time.

Let's hear from clover64 again as to what he is trying to do.

clover64 22:32 05 Jan 03

thanx for all your replies...i have tried to find the blank spaces between the tracks with nero wave editor-but it didnt show any.I am going to try LP the way....i am female..

billyliv 23:55 05 Jan 03

Hi clover64, Separating tracks on CD. is accomplished by using software dedicated for that purpose. A program by Macmillan aptly called 'CD RECORDER' achieves this to great effect, It is actually termed 'Unpacking'. Unfortunately 'CD RECORDER' is not compatible with WIN. XP. I have to use two computers, my second one running WIN 98. to produce top quality CDs. (For my own use of course). Hope this will be of help to you. Cheers, Bill.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…