Separate Email Accounts on Outlook Express

Mclearns Bald 11:44 02 Sep 04

I was trying to help a friend this evening to sort out a problem which got me stumped. His family of 4 members share the same PC with different user accounts. They all have their own email addresses on Outlook Express, but they get access to each other's emails.

How can their emails be private from one another while they all use Outlook Express?

Bugzee 11:47 02 Sep 04

i think you have to set up different alias.s on the main mail server , whoever the isp is , this worked for me

good luck ! Bugzee

xania 11:54 02 Sep 04

I had the same problem. I set up an account with my ISP and each user then had an e-mail address <name>@username.isp.???. In our case we had separate PC's as well, each configured to see the specific name, but we still got each other's e-mail. We had to set up our own domain and get our ISP to host it. We now both have e-mail addresses directed to our domain without any mention of our ISP (i.e. <name>@domain.co.uk) and this works fine. You will need to set one of you up as the master user within your domain at the ISP, and then use that to set up each of the users, with their passwords. Then, off you go.

spanneress 12:49 02 Sep 04

You set up identities under the File menu..then under each persons' identity, add their mail account. Alternatively, set each user up as an administrator and there is an option to hide all that administrators (user's) data, settings, files etc from other people loggin on..this is assuming you are running XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…