sent mail that i have not sent

alberybunch5 19:23 15 Nov 03

i gave my children a real telling off two days ago as there was 7 emails returned from mailer demon as not correct address but sent from my email address....
the next day was about 17 all didderent names but nobody had sent them, today i have just looked in my sent email folder and there are loads of sent email where i presume someone is using my email address from a different computer and the emails are all for spam. please please can anyone tell me how to get rid of this im with aol and i have windows xp.

powerless 19:26 15 Nov 03

Scan for a virus.

Bris 19:41 15 Nov 03

Agree with Powerless, looks like you have a virus.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:43 15 Nov 03

click here sounds like klez.

G

Spencus 19:57 15 Nov 03

After running your updated virus software,download the following free software and safe yourself a lot of headaches

click here

click here

click here

alberybunch5 19:59 15 Nov 03

thanks doing a virus scan as we speak and also the klez virus check thanks again i hope this works

alberybunch5 20:19 15 Nov 03

it was not klez as it said no klez found on your computer but still doing a panda scan

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:55 15 Nov 03

delete everything in your temp, temp internet and cookie files.

G

alberybunch5 14:41 16 Nov 03

how do i get to temp gandalf

1x11456 14:47 16 Nov 03

go to tools at the top of the screen ( interner explorer ) press internet options on the general page look for temp internet files (second one down ) press delete on files then cookies. thats all there is to it. good luck

Stuartli 14:56 16 Nov 03

You'll also need to check your Security and Privacy settings in OE.

Here's Microsoft's full explanation of these settings and what you should aim to achieve:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…