sensor error ?

chippy+ 20:37 21 Dec 05

hi can anybody helpI have 2 pc's one with a asrock motherboard one with a gigabyte motherboard I have checked both sensors with everest and sisandra the asrock sensor shows cpu and motherboard temps and the gigabyte shows cpu motherboard and aux ? the aux temp shows 69C
what is aux it shows with both diagnostics only on the gigabyte thanks chippy

Belatucadrus 21:11 21 Dec 05

Unfortunately Everest help isn't that illuminating

"18. What does the "Aux" temperature shown on the Computer / Sensor page mean?

There is no standard for sensor registers layout, so the "Aux" temperature could show the temperature of the CPU or the motherboard, or might be a non-connected wire of the sensor chip, and so it could show a bogus value. "

I looked on my Gigabyte board PC and it shows up on that one to, so it would appear to be a feature of the board/brand rather than a non connected wire. I then checked out the mobo manual and it doesn't give any hint either, so you may need to contact Gigabyte themselves to see what sensor is involved.

Totally-braindead 21:15 21 Dec 05

I'm not too keen on using third party software for checking temps on motherboards, the only 100% reliable thing is to use the BIOS. Gigabyte I think have there own diagnostic program which you could try, if I can find it I'll post back with a link to it.

Terry Brown 14:29 24 May 06

Hi, I had a temperature problem, and 'dug out' a program GWUM from gigabyte (on a CD), if you still need a sensor checker, email me (yellow envelope) and I will send you a copy (approx size 1.2mb).

Totally-braindead 15:27 24 May 06

You must have had to really look for this thread its over 6 months old.

Terry Brown 16:47 24 May 06

I had a problem with my computer freezing, although everything seemed OK when running sensor checks in BIOS, but not in windows, a search for sensors on this excellent site reminded me that I had an old Gigabyte CD from a previous motherboard, so I dug it out, and although this is an ASUS board, it works.

It shows my motherboard creeping up to 85 degrees under load before freezing. Up to Maplins to get a new Fan over weekend.

If I can help somene else in the same situation, why not ?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…