Sensitive information deletion

John Q Public 17:19 12 Nov 04

i am intending leaving my pc in for a service however i am being told that a competent pc engineer can obtain information about browser history sites visited and can view files on my pc is this true?if so how do i delete all history totally and hide my files and folders? thanks for your help

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:22 12 Nov 04

click here will clean up your *ahem* history etc and copy any other files to CD and then delete off the computer. There is no need to go bonkers mad with file shredding programmes.

G

Urotsukidoji 17:26 12 Nov 04

of course you assume the "engineer" will have the time, or indeed the inclination to bother going through your history etc. most of the engineers i work with haven't got the time, and the chances are anything of a more "eclectic" nature you have on your hard drive, they will already have on theirs, possibly more so.

if you wanted to you could always ask them for some

;o)

p.s. just kidding, follow gandalf's advice if you are that worried about it

John Q Public 18:03 12 Nov 04

Thanks folks i ran the ccleaner and i will copy all my files and then delete them from the pc,it seems i am being paranoid but i am still struggling to fully understand this pc,all this registry business and all the rest of it has me feling totally useless,is there a book or training cd you can recommend to help me?i spend most of the time trying to find out why its running slow or running spyware programmes and never seem to do anything constructive,HELP,thanks again folks.this is starting to sound like a plea to the samaritans!

John Q Public 18:03 12 Nov 04

Thanks folks i ran the ccleaner and i will copy all my files and then delete them from the pc,it seems i am being paranoid but i am still struggling to fully understand this pc,all this registry business and all the rest of it has me feling totally useless,is there a book or training cd you can recommend to help me?i spend most of the time trying to find out why its running slow or running spyware programmes and never seem to do anything constructive,HELP,thanks again folks.this is starting to sound like a plea to the samaritans!

Diodorus Siculus 19:09 12 Nov 04

Seems you are competent to sort this out, why send it to an engineer? Do you have anything particular that you can't sort? Why not post here and someone may be able to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac