Senf Fax from PC.

westgolf 13:19 05 May 09

Hi everyone, is anyone aware of software that will allow a fax to be sent via PC , a free option would be great ? Thanx.

HondaMan 13:36 05 May 09

Look within Windows

tullie 13:40 05 May 09

I dont believe you can fax over broadband and i think you would have to use a paid for service.I assume that you could disconnect your filter etc and plug in a modem?

DieSse 18:07 05 May 09

This seems to be close to defunct now - it's several years since I used it. Might be worth a read though.

click here

Stuartli 18:13 05 May 09

You can use a dial up fax/modem in a broadband system providing it is connected to the voice side of the phone service (usually a two-way phone lead adapter, one for the modem and the other the outlet for the phone) is sufficient).

Stuartli 18:14 05 May 09

Windows XP has the Fax Console, whilst earlier editions used Windows Messaging (cleverly laid out in Outlook Express style, making it easy to compose and send or receive faxes).

anchor 16:14 06 May 09

This gives more information about sending a fax from the Windows XP fax console

click here

I would assume Vista has something similar.

westgolf 09:47 07 May 09

Excellent , Thanx to everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple