Send/receive button in OE6 for 2 accounts?

polymath 20:03 10 Oct 03

Outlook Express 6, 1 ISP, 2 email addresses, no identities created;

I've just set up address no. 2, and can receive emails for both accounts into 1 inbox with Tools/Send and Receive/Send and receive all.

Is there a way of just using the send/receive button to do the same thing? Can't find the answer in OE Help.

Hardly the end of the world, but I'd like to keep things as simple as possible for the 2nd user!

hugh-265156 20:29 10 Oct 03

to the left of the big send receive button is a little triangle pointing down,click it and it will do the same thing.

in fact when i hold my mouse over the send receive button the little tooltip says send and receive all anyway.

polymath 20:53 10 Oct 03

Thanks huggy71 - I hadn't spotted the little triangle.

My big button also says 'send & receive all' when hovered over, but it doesn't when I test it.

Nice simple method anyway - just 1 thing to click on.

polymath 21:05 10 Oct 03

That's odd - I sent a message from user 1 to user 2, forgot to click on the little triangle and used the big button, and the message arrived in the same inbox, as I wanted. It seems it does do that.

It's a mystery to me why it never did for me before, as I haven't changed anything!

I'll remember the little triangle though, in case the big button stops doing it again.

hugh-265156 21:09 10 Oct 03

it was on its way the first time,probally got held up in traffic lol!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…