Sending a picture by gmail

martin p 19:19 31 Oct 10

Hi All
How can I set up to send a picture straight from "My Pictures" ie, highlight picture, then click send by email at the top,
as I am now using GMAIL instead of Windows Mail (Vista)this still try's to send it by WM. so won't work.
Any help would be fine.
Thanks
Martin p.

johnnyrocker 19:21 31 Oct 10

is g mail set as default?

johnny

Woolwell 21:31 31 Oct 10

Are you using gmail through your browser ie webmail? If so what you want to do is not possible.

Woolwell 21:32 31 Oct 10

ps It is possible through an e-mail client like Windows Mail.

martin p 08:07 01 Nov 10

Thank you for your help, Woolwell
Yes Gmail is default, have tried to hang onto Outlook Express, but don't seem to be able to set this up, now I have moved over to Sky ?
Regards
Martin p.

Woolwell 11:57 01 Nov 10

You cannot use OE with Vista. This should explain how to set up sky e-mail with Windows Mail click here.

You can get gmail through Windows Mail instead of through your browser and this tells you how to do that click here.
You could then send a picture by clicking on send by e-mail and use your gmail account.

mooly 12:15 01 Nov 10

I use gmail occasionally and like other web based mail you just attach the file whatever it may via the gmail interface.
Below the "subject" line where you compose email is "attach file" and you use that to browse your pc for the picture. Select it and it attaches to the email.

martin p 13:15 01 Nov 10

Sorry Woolwell, I meant W Mail
Also Mooly, I new what you have just put, but I wanted to send picture(s), straight from "my pictures" not as an attachment etc.
Regards, and thanks for trying to help me
Martinp.

Woolwell 14:00 01 Nov 10

Although you click on send by e-mail and then send it is almost certainly not sent until Windows Mail is opened (it stays in the Outbox until then).

martin p 14:32 01 Nov 10

Right then nearly there !!
I can receive my emails from my accounts in W.mail but still can't send comes up with error0x800cc0b, also trying to send a "picture" by highlighting it, the email stuff all now works but as stated will not send etc. ?
Martinp.

Woolwell 16:29 01 Nov 10

The smtp for gmail probably needs to be the same smtp as for sky. Which I think are:

SMTP.TOOLS.SKY.COM

PORT= 465

USE AUTHENTICATION

ENABLE SSL

but I don't have Sky.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…