Sending Photographs By E-Mail

harleyd 17:43 25 Jul 09

Hi All. My Grandson graduated this week and I'd like to send some copies of the photo's I took of him by e-mail (without bringing his or my system to a complete standstill. Is there a simple 'idiot proof' way of doing this, for a 'silver' surfer, preferably free! Many thanks!

shellship 17:47 25 Jul 09

Yes. Right click on pic, select Send To Mail Recipient and you will be asked if you want to compress. Say yes and away you go with a pic much, much smaller - Kbs instead of Mbs.

jack 17:58 25 Jul 09

To reduce the images to a size that both machines and the Email system can cope with.

Outlook Express for example - does have such a facility I believe or you can download this Free program called 'Shrink Pic- [ www. shrink Pic.com] the program comes with a built in 'How to Movie'
It is also a what is known as a TSR-[Terminate and Stay Resident] which means it is always on and when you go the the 'Attach' function- it will take your selection and copy it and reduce to a suitable size leaving the original in place on your computer.

There is another way.
Tthere are many Free'Image Hosting' sites. click here is one such

Here you run the program from the screen select the images and click on 'Upload'
The picture is sent to the hosting site and then gives you a URL[A web address] to pass on to the recipient where they can simply click on and view/save/print the images.

Jack[Silver surfer -25 x3 plus a bit more]

Stuartli 18:27 25 Jul 09

Right clicking on a photo file(s)>Send to>Mail Recipient>"Same size or Reduce" choice is the easiest method.

Quiet Life 18:55 25 Jul 09

If the files are large you can up load them to
click here which has a free operation and your son can then download them from there. Works well but uploads can be slow sometimes.

Fingees 19:12 25 Jul 09

Make sure you send as .jpg Not bmp

Stuartli 19:55 25 Jul 09

They will be .jpegs in any case.

gel 07:09 26 Jul 09

I too am a silver surfer and I use very easily
click here

And its free

gel

mooly 07:35 26 Jul 09

Don't forget you can easily resize pictures in "paint" which is already included with Vista and XP. Aim for around 150kb to 300kb in size which is 0.15 to 0.3 Mb for each picture.
If your using web based mail such as Yahoo or GMail etc just click the "attach" tab (on the "email web page") before you send your email and that will open a new window where you select your pictures and it automatically "attaches" them to the message. Repeat this until all pictures you want are attached.
Also Yahoo for example has a maximum single email size of 20mb so if you didn't resize the pics that's only four at 5mb each you could send. At 0.3mb you can send over 60.

harleyd 19:11 27 Jul 09

Hi All. Many thanks for your input, job now sorted! Thanks again. Harleyd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…