Sending PDF doc from adibe reader thru Live Mail

JustinJSY 15:39 25 May 08

Can anyone help me with a problem I am experiencing with Adobe Reader. When I try to send a PDF document from Adobe Reader by using the File > Attach to Email... function it doesn't seem to work. I use Windows Live Mail. Is there a compatibility issue with the two applications?

mrwoowoo 16:40 25 May 08

Can you not save the abobe file somewhere and then use the attachment option in your e-mail to browse to it?

anchor 16:48 25 May 08

Just tried it using the method you describe. Worked OK, although rather slow to configure.

I am not using Windows Live mail; don`t know if that makes a difference.

JustinJSY 21:47 26 May 08

I can indeed save the file and then attach it manually, but that isn't really the point. There appears to be functionality to attach the PDF to a new email (it certainly works with outlook on my work PC).

The error message to get is:

"Acrobat is unable to connect to your email program"

I suspect it is trying to connect to Outlook, but I have uninstalled Outlook on this PC (as it was an old version which doesn't work with Vista).

brundle 21:51 26 May 08

As you've found out, Acrobat is looking for an email client installed on your machine and you're not using one.

JustinJSY 22:00 26 May 08

I am using one. I'm using windows live mail and also have windows mail.

brundle 22:01 26 May 08

If Live Mail is your default, that's not an application you can run directly from the PC, the program can't look up an .exe file to run for example.

JustinJSY 22:16 26 May 08

OK, I've switched back to Windows Mail, and still no joy, I'm afraid.

lhrbaby 12:40 08 Jun 08

I have the same problem Justin. Switching back to Windows Mail was not going to help, brundle has missed the point. Live Mail does have a .exe file - its wlmail.exe and Adobe could access it, if it knew where to look. I've had to manually edit the registry to get both the Send To function when right-hand clicking in Windows Explorer, and the Send as Attachment function in Office 2000 to work under Vista. I suspect I could do the same with Adobe if I only knew which bit of the registry to edit but so far no luck finding it.

CANADA-DON 21:05 07 Jan 11

I had the same issue and found a solution online:

Follow these intructions:
- Start - All Programs - Default Programs
- Choose Set Program Access and Computer Defaults
- Expand the choices below Custom by clicking on down arrows to the right of dialogue box.
- Under Choose a Default e-mail program, select Windows Live Mail from the list (should work for other e-mail apps also).

I didn't even have to re-open Acrobat Reader and it began working. Now I can e-mail the opened PDF file from within Acrobat Reader using Windows Live Mail.

This should work similarly for Windows Vista users.

Sea Urchin 21:38 07 Jan 11

This thread is two-and-a-half years old

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…