sending pc back

pierc113 09:40 22 Apr 04

Just wondered if anybody knows where i stand, Bought a new pc from a well know internet company it as been in my home for 9 days the DVD drive as failed email company on there returns address and they sent a reply telling me to ring the manufacturer.....Can i tell the company to sort it out or have i got to go down the manufacturer root as advised by them ?

Diodorus Siculus 09:42 22 Apr 04

The company from which you bought it has a duty to repair / replace the faulty item under current consumer law. But often it will be quicker / more satisfactory to get in touch with the manufacturer of the component and see what happens.

Djohn 10:10 22 Apr 04

Failed in nine days and being told to contact the manufacture is not really good enough. I would want them out to replace the drive or the whole system would be returned in the next couple of days.

Contact them again as your have the right to return even if there is not a fault within 14 days under the sale of goods act.

By all means phone the manufacture today ans see if they will replace immediately otherwise straight back to the supplier and inform them you wish to return the PC for a full refund. Might make them move a bit quicker.

I know this sounds a bit drastic but it's ridiculous to ask you to contact the manufacturer after only nine days of use. If it was a monitor problem with a three year swap-out it would be different as they would deliver a new monitor within 48 hours picking up the faulty one at the same time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…