Sending multiple emails

User-394903 11:34 21 Feb 06

Hello,

I am running WinXP/sp2 with Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security.

I recently recived an email which now requires that the response I send needs to go to all recipients (about 50) at the same time.

I have looked in threads relating to emails but unfortunately can't find one that links to my problem.

Thank you

dms05 11:49 21 Feb 06

What email client are you using?

User-394903 11:58 21 Feb 06

Sorry. O.E

EARLR 08:58 22 Feb 06

try to "reply to all"

User-394903 10:17 22 Feb 06

To dms05 and EARLR,

Thank you both for your efforts, but during the lull that followed my O.E. entry,I fiddled around and BINGO! it worked. It was more by luck than anything else. What I did was:- Click file/new message/BCC. A 'Select Recipients' box appeared, which, on the left is all contacts and on the right the recipients. Click a contacts name on the left, then click BCC on the right to transfer it. When all the names were on the right, I clicked OK/send.

Up to now they have not returned. Is it reasonable to assume they have been delivered?

johnnyrocker 12:21 22 Feb 06

yes but that is a long winded way, the suggestion above of selecting reply to all is the general way to go, incidentally if you send mail via bcc none of the recipients will know you wrote to all which is why it is known as 'blind carbon copy'

johnny.

User-394903 23:57 22 Feb 06

Thanks for that johnny. So from that then, in future when multiple emails are sent, for the recipients to know who the mail is from click CC and not BCC. I'll click resolved.

digijack

johnnyrocker 23:59 22 Feb 06

correct sir unless for some reason you might not wan the others to know;)

johnny.

Sherwood 11:01 23 Feb 06

I think some people often use the blind copy facility to avoid gicing all other recipients everbody's email address.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now