Sending mobile phone photographs by email

Liz D 22:05 06 Aug 05

I have a Nokia 6230 and wanted to send some pics I had taken on my camera to my PC using the email facility. The first one I sent arrived as a zip file. How can I get the camera phone to send it by email in jpeg format?

Thanks

JGJames 22:29 06 Aug 05

instead of sending it by e-mail send it as a multimedia massage to your e-mail address,this should arrive as a jpeg provided the photo isnt to big to send

Liz D 23:03 06 Aug 05

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Sending a multimedia message to my email address is the way I did it. It seems to arrive as a zip file and when opened on my PC appears to be a gif file but it is blank. Maybe its the size that is the problem but I have no clue how to make it smaller!

golfpro 11:01 07 Aug 05

I don't understand why you want to use the email, except if you are on holiday or away from the PC for any length of time.
I would never use my mobile as a camera except in an emergency, better to buy a small cheap digital with lots of memory.

Liz D 21:05 07 Aug 05

Hi

Yes I have a very good digital camera but I don't always have it with me hence the use of the phone camera. I don't have a connector to the PC so the easiset way to upload it surely has to be by email. A friend has the same phone as mine and it works perfectly sending it by email. What I want to understand is what is different about my phone settings.

Thanks

mammak 21:27 07 Aug 05

Liz D gotta agree with you there, dont always have my digi with me, having a young child my camera phone is my life line for all they great photos, get your self a wee blue tooth dongle chuck your photos at your comp and send them how ever good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…