sending mail via Hotmail

GBL 15:07 22 Feb 05

I use both Virgin and Hotmail accounts with OE, but how do I send messages through my Hotmail, as at the moment Virgin are having problems??

JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:09 22 Feb 05

Go to the msn hotmail web site and log in to create the e-mail message on line.

GBL 15:10 22 Feb 05

i take it that it cannot be done in OE then.

VoG II 15:12 22 Feb 05

Yes it can be done in OE. I don't understand your problem though.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:14 22 Feb 05

Have you set up your hot-mail account in OE?

octal 15:14 22 Feb 05

If it sends mail through the main smtp server, nothing can be sent. I think Virgin use the NTL servers and they are doing maintenace at the moment, it will come back soon.

GBL 15:15 22 Feb 05

I can recieve messages in OE from Hotmail, but cannot send them through it, I have to go onto their web site to do it.

How do I set up OE to send messages via HM??

octal 15:18 22 Feb 05

By default your email is sent throught smtp.virgin.net, you'll probably get an error message saying it can't relay if you try smtp.hotmail.com.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:20 22 Feb 05

I don't believe you can send a message using OE via your hotmail, only can use OE to receive messages sent to your hotmail (as octal I believe is saying).

click here for more about it.

GBL 15:21 22 Feb 05

Yes that is what happens, so basically it can't be done through OE.

It is just that for the second time in a week or so Virgin is done for maintenance and i though that I could use Hotmail without logging onto their site.

Never mind will have to live with it.

Thanks to all.

VoG II 15:23 22 Feb 05

I can send mail from my Hotmail account from Outlook Express with no problem and nothing to set up (having set up the account in the first place, of course).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…