sending a lot of information

sconedd 23:56 27 Oct 07

Can any of the forum help?. I have to send a lot of written and photo information to a cousin of mine in the USA. Do I need to compress everything and is there a program that will help. Could I send all information on disc, do I need to do anything special. I am going to spend a lot time scanning all the stuff, and would like as much help as possible. OS XP home edition. Thanks to all in advance. Sconedd

brundle 00:02 28 Oct 07

Compress it all with Winzip or a free equivalent click here, upload it to a file sharing service like click here.
Up to 100mb.

sconedd 00:07 28 Oct 07

Brundle
Thanks for the quick response, I will try this and a few other suggestions that come. Thanks again.

amonra 11:00 28 Oct 07

Put all your writen files into a new folder. Put all your photos into the same folder then see how large the whole folder is. (Rt, click/Properties)
If it's within the size of a CD ie. below 700MB, then just burn it to a CD. If it's over 700 MB then you have the option of burning it to a DVD if your computer has a DVD burner, or else run the individual files through Winzip to reduce their size, then burn. Hope this helps.

Technotiger 11:18 28 Oct 07

click here

Not done it myself, but perhaps you could convert/send it all by PDF. I have not looked through the full list in my link, but at least one of them includes the ability to send jpegs and text, there may be more than one.

sconedd 23:46 28 Oct 07

Thanks for the input friends, I will have a look at each one and see if they can be of use. I will tick as resolved. Sconedd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…