Sending link to other PC

1st spring 13:45 26 Oct 10

I have sent links to do with USB drives, I have downloaded off the web to a friend. Now this friends computer isn't working as it should. Not sure what the problem is but if the link didn't upset my PC I wouldn't have thought it would upset the person I sent the link to. What do you think?

provider 2 15:45 26 Oct 10

I wouldn`t have thought so, but you never know ... if you are running an effective blocker such as SpywareBlaster and the other pc isn`t, perhaps.

It`s good practice to check links first, though, with WOT click here or McAfee Site Adviser.

1st spring 16:50 26 Oct 10

What does it download add ons? When I click on the site you gave me.

provider 2 11:47 27 Oct 10

Not unless you click the download button to instal the Web of Trust add-on. If you do this and you try to open a dodgy site (malware, phishing, bad customer experience, etc), WOT will give you a warning that the site has a bad reputation and advise you to proceed no futher ... clicking the "i" button will give information about it so you can decide for yourself, of course.

Alternatively, you can type the URL into example box and "Check Now" to see what WOT users` think of the site, based on their experience of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now