//some 3rd party need geo

sending large emails

nickyjane 15:09 29 Jun 06

Hi Guys. I have been trying to send a document in outlook express but keep getting a message saying the file is to large. It is only a long letter on a4 . Can I send it as a pdf file and if so how do I do it. My os is xp home and have Adobe 7. Thanks

rmcqua 15:13 29 Jun 06

What programme is the letter composed in and what size is the file?

nickyjane 15:23 29 Jun 06

rmcqua

It was scanned into pc using scanner program called paperport, size is 8.93mb and went into my documents as a bitmap image. does that make sense.

VoG II 15:25 29 Jun 06

Try right clicking the file > Send To > Compressed folder.

As a general rule files bigger than about 2MB either won't send or won't be accepted at the recipient's end.

nickyjane 15:40 29 Jun 06

Hi Vog
Have done that and sent the email, but NIS is taking ages to scan the mail. Will let you know shortly what happens. Thanks

961 16:22 29 Jun 06

Convert bitmap to jpg file via photo software or rescan as jpg

bitmaps are always too large for e-mail and most unhelpful for recipients who are on dial up

Wak 19:54 29 Jun 06

Another way would be to print out the Bitmap image and then rescan it (using the OCR program of your scanner) into a word-processing program.
You could then just send it as a smaller .DOC or .TXT file after editing.
You could also use click here to send a 8MB file providing the recipient is on broadband.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…