Sending Faxes Through Internet

SimpleStevie 15:42 09 Aug 05

I was looking into the possibility of sending faxes through the internet, i.e using my internet connection to send a fax which will be picked up and printed out by a phycial fax machine the other end. Have done some brief investigating and it seems possible and a number of services are available which do this. Has anyone had any experience with these sort of services? Are they straight forward to use, easy to set up etc etc?

All of the different services I have seen require a subscription in order to be able to use the service. I will not be sending a vast number of faxes so ideally I was looking for a pay per fax option, if that is available anywhere? Better still, anywhere offer a free service?

Cheers ppl

DieSse 15:51 09 Aug 05

If you have a dial-up modem, you can send faxes directly from your computer right now - though it's not over the internet, it's still more convenient than having a fax machine.

woodchip 16:02 09 Aug 05

As above a Dial-Up Modem and Super voice software

Stuartli 16:11 09 Aug 05

You don't need to pay anything to send faxes from a computer system - Windows has always had a first class fax utility and which is termed the Fax Console in XP (Add/Remove Programs>Add/Remove Components)

Earlier versions used Awfax.exe and wms.exe (Windows Messaging Service) which followed the format of Outlook Express Inbox, Sent etc folders, making it particularly easy to use.

You do need a dialup modem and, if you wish to receive faxes as well, the system will have to be left switched on. Or you can use a fax to e-mail service to receive faxes such as that provided by Tiscali (but I think it's only for its own subscribers).

pj123 16:16 09 Aug 05

Just check out these previous threads:

click here

DieSse 16:16 09 Aug 05

Also see info on this similar thread click here

Stuartli 17:09 09 Aug 05

Just come across this free e-mail to fax service:

click here

Stuartli 17:12 09 Aug 05

Free fax service website:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…