Sending a fax on cable

Rogerfredo 08:09 13 Oct 03

I am sure that my old telephone modem came with fax software enabling me to send a fax message.
Now that I have an NTL cable modem connection, however, I can find no reference to sending faxes.
Is there any software available (preferably free) that will enable me to send an occasional fax?

Lozzy 08:15 13 Oct 03

You cannot send faxes via Broadband only via your modem.. Don't know of any free fax software but windows has its own fax sending foftware... What version of windows are you running..

Rogerfredo 08:23 13 Oct 03

Lozzy,
Thanks for the response. I have Windows ME.
I know of the sites which sell a faxing service, but I only need a very occasional one, (say one fax per year).

DieSse 08:38 13 Oct 03

You can't send a fax on cable, except via an "email-to-fax" service. Fax is a dial-up telephone line only.

If you have kept your old dial-up analogue modem you can still use this, as you did before, to send a fax.

anchor 09:00 13 Oct 03

As DieSse says, use the old 56k modem and your previous software, if you still have it. A free software fax programme is obtainable here:

click here

Atlternatively, you can send a fax via the web from here

click here

You can send a fax via the web from here:

Rogerfredo 15:11 13 Oct 03

Thanks for all replies.
I have a modem in my laptop, which I will use on the odd occasion I need a Fax.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…