Sending emails at predetermined time.

terry19 19:11 15 Feb 06

Hi all,

Is there any way emails can be saved in your drafts folder and then sent at a predetermined time? I use Outlook Express and I was wondering, could it be done in Outlook? Or is there another program which could do it?

Thanks.

Pamy 19:16 15 Feb 06

not sure if it could be done by e-mail, but you could use a greetings message, these can be sent at pre determined dates. Would you care to explain why you want to do it?

Pamy

terry19 19:21 15 Feb 06

I just wanted to be able to wish my girl friend good morning. She leaves for work very early,(200 miles away) before I get up, thats all. I know I could send it the night before but that would only work if she turned in before me.

Pamy 19:32 15 Feb 06

I think an e-mail message may be your best bet unless anyone else has a better way to do it.I use Yahoo greetings , but I am sure there are other message providers on the internet.

terry19 19:35 15 Feb 06

Thanks for your suggestions. I will see what I can find

Cheers

Sibbo 18:55 16 Feb 06

To my knowledge, this is not possible to do using Outlook Express, but I think I read somewhere a long while ago that it can be done if using Microsoft Outlook 2003.

terry19 21:22 16 Feb 06

Thank you for the suggestion. I don't have Outlook 2003 but will remember what you have said. I just wondered if it could be done.
Cheers

DieSse 22:18 16 Feb 06

Set your OE to "Send and Receive Messages at Start Up"

Write your email and "Send" it - but do not do a "Send and Receive" - it will then be sitting in your Outbox ready to be transmitted the next time OE is started up.

Set OE to start up in the scheduler (see Scheduled Tasks), at the time you want.

Then when it starts, it will send out the message you want (and pickup any new email).

You can also set it to shut down again when finished Sending & Receiving.

Pamy 22:26 16 Feb 06

DieSse, then should he not tell his girl friend to set her computer how you said so that when she starts her computer very early in the morning it will pick up terry19's mail?

DieSse 22:36 16 Feb 06

I presume she already knows how to collect her mail in the morning - otherwise she'll never get to read his emails then, no matter how he send them :-))

terry19 21:46 17 Feb 06

Thank you. That's brilliant, much obliged.
Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…