Sending e.mails to mobile 'phones

Lemur 23:53 02 Jul 03

How do I send an e.mail to my, or any other mobile 'phone please?

I used to have an e.mail address for my wap enabled mobile but, presumably because I have not used it for well over a year, it now appears to be out of action. I now wish to send a picture to my mobile (Sony Ericsson T300), and Orange, who have just set me up with multi-media, tell me that I only need to use the number of the 'phone as the address. This does not work for me using Outlook Express so, I wonder if I need to change a setting on my btinternet set-up. I just get an error message saying "no matches found".

Many thanks.

golfpro 07:45 03 Jul 03
  Lemur 14:28 03 Jul 03

Many thanks golfpro. You were quite right that I need a proper e.mail address. I put the question again to Orange and they told me that they have ceased to be an Internet Service Provider. That explains presumably why my Orange.net address did not work!

What I need is to approach an ISP., which has an 0845 dial up number.

Yes the T300 does have e.mail in its menu.

Hopefully, I am now on my way.

Thanks again.

Pappyon 15:47 03 Jul 03

Lemur

I can't help you with your problem, I am registered with Orange, and I can assure you that my orange email address works, I get emails to it nearly every day.

I also send free text messages from my online Orange account.

You will find if you have contacted Orange customer service, that many of their staff do not have an inkling of what they are talking about. They have given me wrong information on many occasions, even in relation to their mobile phone services!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…