Sending emails to many accounts

Woody Ham 22:57 04 Nov 09

I work with a church and we send out 170+ newsletters each week to parishioners and ex-parishioners each of whom has elected to join this service. My home ISP allows me to send a message to these (using BCC) but the main account at the church will only send 50 at a time. Does anyone know of a relatively cheap service that we could use sending them the dispatch list and the weekly attachment? Alternatively, any way round the problem (which doesn't involve splitting th edistribution into 4 separate lists).

exdragon 23:42 04 Nov 09

This is great, click here

I use it in my secretarial role for a club as I had exactly the same problem as you.

You add all the email addresses and can then use mailmerge so everyone gets their own message. You can add attachments as well. The support is good too, I had a really rapid response to my questions. I find it very simple and effective. You can also set it up to use multiple addresses for sending emails, so you could have one for yourself and one for the churh.

There are various levels of 'credits' included in a reasonable monthly payment and you can buy extra credits if you need them. Jst remember that, as they are based in Belgium, the vat rate is higher than ours!

Give it a try and see what you think. I'm not connected with YMLP, but it was suggested by someone on this site when I too was looking for a solution.

Forum Editor 00:03 05 Nov 09

click here

For £54 you can buy software that will send as many messages as you like. It's very good, and does exactly what it says on the tin.

Woody Ham 20:59 05 Nov 09

Thanks everyone. I shall try out YMLP which sounds just the ticket.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…