Sending emails with large attachments

johnboyblue 12:13 26 Jul 06

My email works without a problem until I try to send a message with an attachment of about 1Mb or larger.
It then tries to send it and appears to reach 100% and then reverts to about 60% and tries again. This goes on indefinitely. THe message remains in the outbox and never shows in sent messages. However it is actually being sent and the recipient continues to receive copies of the message until I delete it from the outbox. (Imagine how irritating that must be)
I have Windows XP Pro and use Office XP for email. There are no viruses found when I scan the system.
Has anyone else come across this problem?

Wak 12:25 26 Jul 06

This won't directly solve your problem but you could send the large attachments by either click here or click here or click here, All FREE services.

holly polly 12:31 26 Jul 06

Take it your using outlook for your email.

try a repair.

outlook inbox
help
detect and repair.

regards-Hol Pol.

stlucia 12:34 26 Jul 06

Is the problem always with the same recipient? Possibly his ISP doesn't permit attachments greater than a certain size.

Can you make the attachment smaller, by Zipping it or, if it's a photo, by reducing the resolution?

Jak_1 12:39 26 Jul 06

Try this to: click here

holly polly 12:46 26 Jul 06

actually seem to remember that microsoft now prohibit some kind of files to be emailed,this is in reply to the viruses etc that were being sent and is suppose to protect your security.

i know coz i also use office xp and my outlook prohibits me sending certain kinds of files exe etc. to get round this i usually zip em up with winrar or winzip or send em via messenger.

regards hol pol.

briskem1 13:33 26 Jul 06

click here up to 1 gig

johnboyblue 15:45 26 Jul 06

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will try some of the sites which offer to send large attachments meantime but I would rather find a way to fix the problem.
I have found the same problem described on the Microsoft Office forum by four other people so I am not alone. We all seem to be using Office 2002.

Jak_1 20:08 26 Jul 06

One other thing to remember is that most ISP's put a limit on the size of the mailbox, usually between 2 and 5 MB, if the recipients mailbox is not empty then there may not be enough space for the mail with a large attacment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…