Sending emails with broadband.

Awestruck 20:15 25 Dec 04

Several firends have had problem after installing BT broadband. Those who had email addresses with other ISPs such as Tiscali, Wanadoo can received emails but not send them. This is because of anti-spam precautions at ISP but BT pretend ignorance and offer an email service for an extra £1.50 per month (They would wouldn't they). Most I have solved most by replacing smtp.tiscali.co.uk wit smtp.btinternet.com. Some also need to be set as a LAN. No magazine has yet written an article aboyt the difficulties of emailing with broadband. Any further tips would be welcome.

Awestruck

Graham ® 20:22 25 Dec 04

Broadband is not the issue here. It's the change of ISP that causes these problems.

steven_frost 21:09 25 Dec 04

I've had this to with friends computers who transfer just change the smtp settings work

whybe 00:26 26 Dec 04

I have used BT Broadband and then BT Yahoo Broadband for quite a time now but I note the settings you mention. For both POP3 and SMTP my understanding has always been that BT's servers are: mail.btinternet.com, it may be this that is causing your receive/deliver problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…