Sending Emails

douglas1973 23:55 01 Feb 09

My daughter is living in a house where the broadband provider is AOL. She however wants to continue using her One-Tel email address using Incredimail. Incoming mail is set to "mail.onetel.com" and outgoing mail to "smpt.aol.com" as instructed by AOL. She receives emails without problems but cannot send emails. She always gets error messages or a notification that the server is not responding. Can anyone suggest a solution please?

brundle 23:58 01 Feb 09

click here

See the post starting "Right-click on the account in the Folder pane and select Properties. At the
bottom of the Servers tab, tick "My server requires authentication".

MAJ 00:21 02 Feb 09

and "smpt.aol.com" should read SMTP not SMPT. I'm not sure if that is what she has entered or if it's just your typo, douglas1973.

Stuartli 00:28 02 Feb 09

You have asked this question before:

click here

Normally you can collect e-mails from your earlier e-mail addresses by configuring each address's ISP POP3 and SMTP details in Accounts - collection is via your own ISP from the Connection tab's menu (i.e. use your current ISP's listing or LAN).

However, if you wish to Send e-mails it has to be using an AOL e-mail address.

That's why, if your daughter receives an e-mail using her OneTel address, if she Replies to it she will have to use the From: drop down menu on the Message panel to change it to her AOL e-mail address.

This Microsoft support page may help:

click here

Stuartli 00:30 02 Feb 09

Also:

click here

douglas1973 14:40 09 Feb 09

Thanks Brundle, Maj and Stuartli. I have passed on all your valuable advice to my daughter and hopefully it will solve her problems.

Terry Brown 15:41 09 Feb 09

Why not use a Web based mail like Yahoo click here or Google Mail

click here
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac