Sending an email to many recipients

Nagpur 00:27 27 Oct 10

My ISP, Orange, will not allow me, i.e. blocks me, from sending a single email to more than 19 recipients at once. It claims this restriction is antispam. But BT Internet allows one email to be sent up to about 100 recipients at once. Is any free software available to download which would enable me to get round Orange's restriction and send out an email, with attachment, at least to up to 50 recipients at one go? I don't currently want to change ISP.

Atlantic Man 09:49 27 Oct 10

Sending that many emails- would only create Mail server malfunction. Because you + thousands of other people just love forwarding every mail they get to everyone they know.

What no-one cares about, is the tech guys running around like crazy to stop overflowing on the servers.

It is so unnecessary...

Woolwell 10:10 27 Oct 10

When I was with Orange I had to send 2 identical e-mails to the first 20 or so and then to the remainder. Interested to know if there is software that will do it.

For Atlantic Man - these e-mails were not forwarding chain e-mails but to a number of contacts who required the same information.

mgmcc 11:22 27 Oct 10

You can always run your own SMTP server, such as the free "PostCast Server" click here I have used this but there can be a problem with some recipients not accepting mail from what is not a bona fide ISP's SMTP server. This was particularly problematical when sending to "personal domain" addresses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…